Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Hunt.

June is fast approaching and I have spent the last month and a bit looking for work. Last Friday was the first time I have heard back from anyone and it just so happens I had two calls in one day. I had a meet and greet today that could possibly lead to a job with the city. Overall I don't think it went as well as it could have. I am always lacking for questions and my interpersonal skills are pretty low with people I hardly know. I don't think I give a bad vibe or anything but there were definitely a few moments of awkward silence. It probably doesn't help that I messed up the first scheduled meet and greet by going to the wrong location and then having to call the guy to let him know I was half way across town. I don't think I exactly inspired confidence in that situation.

Fortunately I also have an interview with another company on the 22nd. It is for repairing military optics; something I have a fair bit of confidence with. It isn't exactly the job I would choose first, but I am sure it will pay decent. Either way, the lack of response I have had has been very surprising. I know that we are supposedly in an economic downturn, but I figured I would have already had at least one interview. The employment hunt has always been something of dread for me and at this point in my life I should be in a much more stable position.

No comments:

Post a Comment